Cannot write in my db using phpMyAdmin Access denied for user error

No way to write in my db using phpMyAdmin, I have tried to delete and create again the db with different username and password, I have tried to reset password, to logout and reconnect, to clean browser cache, but I get always same issue. Seems that for some reason privileges aren’t assigned correctly by 000Webhost platform

I have see that others users have encountered the same issue

I’m using the new cpanel

For some people the issue seems has disappeared randomly after a while but It’s a bug still present that needs a fix

Have you entered the correct dbname dbuser and dbpass?
You can find them in the manage databases section

Obviously I have entered the correct username and password

@SMH17 Can you post screenshot of your issue??

As I have said I receive the typical error of a not authorized user that tries to write to a db without enough permissions.

Here the screenshot

The problem is that I have used the same credential used during the database creation that should grant me the write access to db. For this reason is certainly a bug of 000Webhost platform

@SMH17 As said in the error, you’re trying to write in “information_schem”, don’t do that.
Instead click on your table name then try to modify.

Again I cannot do any write action in the db. I cannot create table, import other db. Whatever write action results in this error. There is nothing wrong in what I’m doing.

Do you have team viewer access?? Let me try to help you remotely :slight_smile:

I know how to use phpMyAdmin. I’m not asking for instructions this is a bug report about an issue that needs to be fixed by 000Webhost.

@SMH17 Sry [quote=“SMH17, post:9, topic:72946”]
this is a bug report about an issue that needs to be fixed by 000Webhost.
[/quote]
I don’t find any issue.
I have just tested and everything is working fine. I’m able to create tables and delete it too.

Post screenshot of what are you trying to do??

If you look at the linked threads of others users with same problem you can see that this issue is random, not all users are affected and in certain cases the issue has gone away without any action. I have many years of experience with mysql and phpMyAdmin, isn’t in what I’m trying to do the issue.

i see that’s cool :slight_smile:

Did you try deleting your current database,
then create a new database and then try again??

Also the link you mentioned in your post have different error, compare to your’s.
Check once what error they faced and what error you’re facing. Are they same??
And few error happens when there is an issue in the db server, and solves automatically when db server issues solves.

I have already tried to delete and create It again many times. I have even tried to use a different name for the db and different username and password to see if the error has been caused by some blacklisted names.

If could help to debug this issue

-I see that is shown a message about outdated phpMyAdmin

A newer version of phpMyAdmin is available and you should consider upgrading. The newest version is 4.7.1, released on 2017-05-26.

-mysql server that is running the db is MariaDB version: 10.1.20-MariaDB Server seems active since 8 days.

-Near my db username in Database server I see @2a02:4780:bad:c0de::14 after the login in phpMyAdmin

EDIT
I have seen that if I explicit the name of the destination database every time, the query are executed correctly, so the issue seems caused by the fact phpMyAdmin isn’t configured correctly to use automatically the created database and by default tries to perform actions elsewhere causing the permission error.
This issue needs a fix If I click “Manage Db” PhpMyAdmin should be configured to work on the selected db by default, not elsewhere.

Considering your issue was solved, I’ll forward your suggestion to the admins and close this topic.
Any issue please do post or PM any moderator :slight_smile: