WordPress is one of the most widely used content management systems among website creators. Many businesses use it, as well as non-profit organizations and individual users. WordPress provides a variety of themes, plugins and the community is highly involved in the development process. These are the key benefits of this CMS, that is why it is so popular worldwide.
If you ended up reading this tutorial, you probably wish to install and use WordPress on your hosting account. Gladly, in this tutorial, we will learn how to properly install WordPress on 000webhost account using the auto installer.
The process is really simple and does not include manually creating databases or configuring its settings, so you should be able to install WordPress on your account with ease.
What you’ll need
Before you begin this guide you’ll need the following:
- Active 000webhost hosting account
Step 1 — Navigating to the management section of your account.
- Login to your 000webhost control panel. You can do this by visiting https://www.000webhost.com/cpanel-login
- Fill in your 000webhost details and login to your account.
- When you are inside your control panel, you should see blocks of your active hosting accounts. Select which one you would like to install WordPress on and click Manage Website.
- When inside, select Build Website in the top navigation bar.
You should now see a few management options, one of them is installing WordPress on your account. The installation procedure is explained in the next step.
Step 2 — Installing WordPress
- You should see a block Build WordPress Website. If you are ready to install WordPress on your website, click Install Now.
- Kindly note that if you have existing files on your website, they may be overwritten, therefore, this confirmation screen pops up asking you to confirm this. If you are sure you will not lose any valuable files you have already uploaded, click Install.
- The system will now install WordPress for you automatically. The process may take up to 1 minute.
- Once WordPress is installed, you will be notified on your screen that the system is now ready.
- Your software stills need a few configuration steps. Click Go to Wordpress configuration page.
Step 3 — Configuring WordPress
- If you followed the last part of Step 2 you should be re-directed to your website which now requires configuring WordPress.
1.1. If for some reason you get an error message like the one in the screenshot, click the highlighted installing now link.
- Now you need to select the language of WordPress. The language you select will be the default language of your Wordpress dashboard but can be changed later. Click Continue.
- In the next page, it is required to fill in the title of your WordPress website and administrator details. Think of a username and password you would remember because you will use them to log in to your WordPress dashboard. Once you have everything filled, click Install WordPress.
- If you see the Success screen, it means that you have successfully installed and configured WordPress. The only thing left now is logging in to your WordPress dashboard.
- You will be prompted to fill in username and password you created previously. Submit them and click Log In.
And that is it! You have successfully installed WordPress on your 000webhost account. You can manage the website from your WordPress dashboard now:
WordPress is a great content management system for starters and for more advanced website developers. 000webhost provides an easy way of installing it so you wouldn’t need to waste time uploading files, configuring databases, etc. Better use this time building a great website!