Back in 2004, a few people in Lithuania had a mission to create powerful web hosting services available for everybody free of charge. The creators found alternative ways to maximize hosting services at a low price, thus 000webhost was born.
Some years later, the company expanded, and Hostinger came to be and grew to be one of the biggest hosting providers in the world. By January 2019 it had over 29 million active users, with over 20 thousand new signups every single day.
Hostinger has over 500 employees across international offices located in Lithuania, Cyprus, Indonesia and Brazil.
Hostinger owns several locations for their servers, scattered throughout Europe, Asia, and the US, ensuring good uptime and fast speed worldwide. All Hostinger servers are protected by daily or weekly backups, RAID-10 and multiple levels of fail-safes.
In case of an emergency, Hostinger can restore all of your accounts and lost data in a matter of minutes.
The hPanel was developed to help customers control every single aspect of their hosting services. The interface lets users easily find everything from domain details to emails and file managers.
When you go to your dashboard, you will immediately find all the necessary functions:
- Hosting accounts
- VPS services
- File manager services
- DNS options
The hPanel interface is sleek-looking and easy to navigate. All functions are accessible in just a few clicks. And should you run into trouble – the live chat is available 24/7/365.
Hostinger offers custom website builder – Zyro. While it is still in Beta, you can already create a website with its intuitive drag and drop interface.
Like all hosting providers, Hostinger offers a free email service with all purchased plans and business email hosting solution. The number of inboxes you can host vary by plan.
The domain name is an essential element of any website. Hostinger is certified by ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers), meaning you can trust them with this important step.
The prices vary depending on the top-level domain. They cost as low as 0.99$!
What is more, annual premium and business shared hosting, VPS hosting and cloud hosting plans all come with free domain registration for the first year.
Online security is one of the most important key features of a successful website. Especially now, when the lack of SSL is highlighted next to your URL.
With Hostinger you can get an SSL certificate for $11.95. However, it comes free with annual business shared hosting plans.
Cloud hosting users get free SSL with every purchase.
BitNinja DDoS protection
BitNinja is one of the best server protection services on the web. It constantly monitors incoming and outgoing connections to block DDoS attacks.
This improves the overall uptime of Hostinger's services, in addition to securing its customers’ data.
A websites' loading speed can heavily impact the amount of traffic you get. If your website doesn’t load in four seconds or less, chances are visitors will click away.
CDNs (Content Delivery Networks) speed up your website, helping avoid these problems. Cloudflare also provides additional protection against DDoS attacks.
Getting CloudFlare will cost you $9.95.
Hostinger provides users with detailed analytics of their SEO performance. You get helpful tips and insights on how to improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
The tool kit costs $9.99/mo.
Plans and Prices
Here’s a quick overview of the plans and prices Hostinger offers.
Shared hosting is perfect for those, who have a small budget, limited technical skills and don’t require a lot of resources.
- Single $0.99/mo – 1 website, 10GB of SSD space, 100GB of Bandwidth, 1 MySQL Database, Website builder, 24/7 Support, hPanel
- Premium $2.59/mo – 2 websites, Unlimited amount of SSD space, Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited MySQL Databases, Website builder, 24/7 Support, hPanel
- Business $4.49/mo – 2 websites, Unlimited amount of SSD space, Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited MySQL Databases, Website builder, 24/7 Support, hPanel, Free SSL
Cloud hosting is a great choice for those, who want the simplicity of managing shared hosting services, but need more resources. With cloud hosting, you don’t need to share any of the provided resources, but you keep the ease of use and overall functionality of shared hosting.
- Cloud Startup $9.99/mo – unlimited websites, 3GB RAM, 40GB SSD storage, 2 CPU cores, unlimited bandwidth, 1X speed boost, Isolated resources, free domain registration, Free dedicated IP, Free SSL certificate, 24/7 support.
- Cloud Professional $18.99/mo – unlimited websites, 3GB RAM, 80GB SSD storage, 4 CPU cores, unlimited bandwidth, 2X speed boost, Isolated resources, free domain registration, Free dedicated IP, Free SSL certificate, 24/7 support.
- Cloud Enterprise $35.99/mo – unlimited websites, 12GB RAM, 160GB SSD storage, 6 CPU cores, unlimited bandwidth, 3X speed boost, Isolated resources, free domain registration, Free dedicated IP, Free SSL certificate, 24/7 support.
Virtual Private Server hosting is for those, who are confident enough to manage all of their data and need a lot of power. You get dedicated resources and unlimited control over your website, including root access.
- VPS 1 $3.95/mo – 1GB Memory, 2GB Burst Ram, 2.4 GHz CPU Power, 20 GB Storage, Geekbench Score 3513, 1000 GB Bandwidth, 24/7 support.
- VPS 2 $8.95/mo – 2GB Memory, 4GB Burst Ram, 4.8 GHz CPU Power, 40 GB Storage, Geekbench Score 5363, 2000GB Bandwidth, 24/7 support.
- VPS 3 $12.95/mo – 3GB Memory, 6GB Burst Ram, 7.2 GHz CPU Power, 60 GB Storage, Geekbench Score 7545, 3000GB Bandwidth, 24/7 support.
- VPS 4 $15.95/mo – 4GB Memory, 8GB Burst Ram, 9.6 GHz CPU Power, 80 GB Storage, Geekbench Score 8953, 4000GB Bandwidth, 24/7 support.
- VPS 4 $23.95/mo – 6GB Memory, 12GB Burst Ram, 14.4 GHz CPU Power, 120 GB Storage, Geekbench Score 8953, 4000GB Bandwidth, 24/7 support.
- VPS 4 $29.95/mo – 8GB Memory, 16GB Burst Ram, 19.2 GHz CPU Power, 160 GB Storage, Geekbench Score 12632, 8000GB Bandwidth, 24/7 support.
Hostinger’s customer service is available 24/7, every single day of the year.
You can reach the customer support team via live chat. On the bottom right corner of your hPanel, you can see a purple square. When clicked, a popup will appear. From there you can navigate to the customer service live chat, or search Hostinger’s knowledge base.
If the issue you’re facing isn’t urgent, or you have a simple question, check out Hostinger’s knowledge base. It provides information about everything from WordPress troubleshooting to the website builder.
On its website, Hostinger has hundreds of useful tutorials, covering every topic you might imagine. Installing CMS, fixing WordPress errors, marketing tips, technical tutorials – everything you need is in one place.
What is more, the tutorials are updated continuously. Hostinger posts at least one article a day, which is very impressive.