Better than paid hosting - in which case?

Your slogan is, “better than paid hosting”, I can see it right now as I am writing this post. Today I’ve left this stone-age webhost for one of the thousand other free webhosts, that actually DO run PHP 5.3 or higher. It is of course you choice whether you want to squeeze my wallet for simply installing Joomla 3, one of the most popular CMS out there. And I can’t change that decision of yours, but your logic for earning money is really counter productive.

You’ve lost one customer today. I always host my sites for free as I am a student developer, and if I decide I want to keep up with my project, then I will of course upgrade my account later on. But your site is no longer ANY match to others, for people like me, amateur developers. There is no reason at all to start here instead of other places with your website, since your support for the free users is really poor.

You can keep earning on your current customers. But good luck with the next generation of professional developers who has started elsewhere. They wont think about you as an option since they went to the free and actual usable hosts when they started web developing.

Thank you very much for publishing this kind of topic. I like your topic very much.

Better than paid hosting is just a marketing word.

Better then free hosting, in sense that you do not pay for anything, and you get web hosting for free.

But how ironic is it that they can’t even compare to the other free hosts’ services?

Yes, it’s free. I can’t blame them for their business strategy here. But their logical sense is off, if you ask me. I started a website here a few years back, and I remembered it as a great place. The effect of this brought me back to this site yesterday, but when I wanted to install Joomla 3, I just got really sad to see what this place had become. They are limiting the tools for the new developers who sought to this place in order to learn stuff and practice web development. I’m okay with upgrading for more gbytes, several databases and stuff. But I will not upgrade just for them to change their php version. Their sight is so narrow, and they are too stubborn to see that limiting the users to old software (in hope of making them pay money), will only be a pain for them in the next couple of years.

In one year from now, I will have my degree in computer-science. When I’m looking to buy a premium server somewhere by then, this site will not be the one that gained my loyalty. And this is how the whole “next-generation” of web developers will choose their host. It’s simply just a piece of advice, hoping they will go back to their roots, and look more than one step ahead.

In one year from now, I will have my degree in computer-science. When I’m looking to buy a premium server somewhere by then, this site will not be the one that gained my loyalty. And this is how the whole “next-generation” of web developers will choose their host. It’s simply just a piece of advice, hoping they will go back to their roots, and look more than one step ahead.

Well said right there.

I’ve been holding my personal Wordpress Blogs in 000webhost.com for 3 years now,
and all i have to say is THANK YOU PALS!!! for your great web hosting
and your services…
Keep growing :slight_smile:
Take a look at my AngularJS Blog
and my HTML5 CSS3 Blog

Better than paid hosting is just a marketing word just pay a few dollars for hosting. There are some hosting companies offering great support for only a few dollars a month. but 000webhost also great free hosting service provider.

It really just depends on what you need. I work primarily in HTML and CSS, with a peppering of PHP, and this place suits me just fine. 000webhost would have been fine for me, except for the domain name, and that’s the only reason I went up to paid hosting. Although strangely the file manager is better in the free version than the paid version, I haven’t quite figured that out yet. Oh well, long live FTP!

I had my web site at another “free” hosting server , and suddenly they just DELETED MY DATABASE all of a sudden!!! I abandoned that web host and came to 000webhost, 3 years ago.
Since then , everything went ok, maybe because i try to solve my problems by myself.
And that may be the point:
Guys, please forgive for saying this, but WE ARE DEVELOPERS!! We’re supposed to be smart enough TO COPE WITH THE PROBLEMS THAT WE CAUSED , BY OURSELVES, without expecting the FREE support from the hosting company to take care of us…
When my web sites will render earnings, i plan to upgrade to paid hosting at 000webhost. In the meantime, i just show my thankful to 000webhost by promoting them in posts and [URL=“http://themvcclub.blogspot.co.il/2014/09/how-to-edit-file-on-deployed-web-site-FREE-hosted-000webhost.html”] blog’s articles .
Thank you 000webhost!!

Better than paid hosting ,Thank you very much

hey all i have a lovely site at 000host but i can not open it the broswer says cpu limit reach anybody have any clue on the matter?

09-23-2014, 12:47 pm