C-panel migration failed

Hi, my site is www.wellingtonwindowcleaning.co.uk (wellingtonwindowcleaning1.000webhostapp.com) and I am getting “Application error
An error occurred in the website and your page could not be displayed. If you are the website owner, check your logs for details.” I think I’ve also seen error 500 somewhere.

I FTP’d all the files using filezilla and uploaded them to the new c-panel (in various folders as they appeared previously, site built using Zyro) and deleted my old log-on. However I think I had to create a new website name (wellingtonwindowcleaning1 rather than wellingtonwindowcleaning which it wouldn’t let me use again, so not sure if that’s caused the issue?). That may be because I tried building a new site months ago on the new control panel, although I don’t remember for sure.

Any ideas what the problem is or how I can resolve it please??

Can you delete the .htaccess file within public_html or rename to .oldfile to see if this resolves the issue?

Now I can’t even appear to access the files I uploaded yesterday via the file manager.

I’m also getting the error below:

"Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Please read the banner, and try again later. We are sorry for inconvenience :sweat:

1 Like

Just done this and I now get “Error establishing a database connection” but my site didn’t/doesn’t have a database.

Yes it does. Wordpress creates databases automatically.

It might not work because of 000webhost network issues. Please try again later.

I appear to have created a new, blank, wordpress site now.Its all gone horibly wrong!

My original website files are still in the file manager.

What I would like to do is get my old site up and running and build a new site using wordpress in the background. Any ideas how I can do this please?

I see you have two websites. What is the website which contains your original files?

wellingtonwindowcleaning1 contains my orginal myfiles. I just created wellingtonwindowcleaning2 to try and upload them again. There should be wellingtonwindowcleaning as well but I don’t appear to be able to access that site.

Thanks for your responses, much appreciated!

Which one of them is the one you are referring to? They both contain Wordpress content.

I believe its the older one on top, wellingtonwindowcleaning…

Well, if you have your original content on wellingtonwindowcleaning, just keep it there.

Terminate wwc, and create a new website, then go to cPanel > Website buiding > Wordpress. This only if you have your original content on wellingtonwindowcleaning (otherwise, it will be lost)

If not, do the opposite. Keep wwc and delete wellingtonwindowcleaning, and create another website and install Wordpress.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

I don’t think I can access either of those sites unfortunately, only wellingtonwindowcleaning1 and wellingtonwindowcleaning2…?

wwc is inaccessible right now because of 000webhost network issue.

All I see are wellingtonwindowcleaning1 and wellingtonwindowcleaning2 under mywebsites as below, neither of the sites you mention?

Oah… They didn’t appear like this in database! Maybe it was because of downtime…

So your website http://wellingtonwindowcleaning1.000webhostapp.com/ contains the Wordpress, and a folder named /zyro

The other website contains just an empty folder named /zyro

I see the files are disappearing. Are you removing them? :confused:

Yes I’m deleting all the content and going to try and upload again…

1 Like

So I believe I’ve deleted all the wordpress files from wellingtonwindowcleaning1 and re-uploaded all my original files that I downloaded using filezila to my pc, and renamed the htaaccess file to htaaccessold as there was an error as before. However it still appears to be showing the default blank wordpress site?

Your website is located in /zyro folder…

Please upload only the content from /zyro to /public_html.

I thought I had done.

Are you saying I should delete all the sub-folders within the zyro folder?

And delete the six files within public_html?