Cron job only runs for several days, then stops

After I create a cron job, it only runs for several days, then stops. I tested it several times. I’m on a free account, and there’s limitation on NUMBER of cron jobs, but nothing is said about cron jobs only run for limited TIME, so I consider this a system fault. Why would I pay money for paid hosting to get more cron jobs, if they are so unreliable here?

That should not happen, but sometimes there are jobs that fail.
Our servers are unstable, hostinger ones are very stable, you can upgrade here

I’m not talking about specific executions fail - I have a job setup to run every 10 minutes, and it runs like 4-5 times per hour on average, so skips every 1 in 5 executions or so, but that’s fine, I can live with that. I’m talking about that it runs for several days, then stops exactly at 00:00, which looks pretty intentional to me.

Thanks for the link, but not sure if I want to use your paid services. I have another semi-free Hostinger account (had to send a paid SMS to activate it) and it gives me “552 Disk full” error all the time, and then I have this problem with cron jobs here… Just doesn’t make a good impression. I know it’s free, but shouldn’t it work as expected at least within the boundaries you set for it?

You do not have the hostinger paid account, but the deprecated one, hostinger is a stable platform.

Cron jobs are run in containers. Is you cron job running too long and spans days?

andrius, Nope, it’s a 1-line job that just visits a link, like so:
curl_exec(curl_init(“https://xxx”));

ckhawand, I don’t know how it’s setup on your side, I’m just talking about the general impression.

I have forwarded this issue to our team for investigation.

1 Like

andrius, thank you