Database is gone

Hello.

My website is http://twjr.000webhostapp.com

Two days ago I could not connect to my website.

Since yesterday I can connect again but the database seems to be gone!

Thanks

I’ll forward your issue to the devs

Do you have a backup you can import and see if this resolves the issue?
Users are always urged to take backups, especially on free hosting which doesn’t offer backups.

Yes I have backups. And if I recreate the database it works.

But the question remains: How come my database has disappeared?

3 Likes

Our developers were upgrading the infrastructure for a better user experience. But, some databases got lost during the process.

I can’t really say I’m enjoying this better user experience.

2 Likes

They’re speeding up the cPanel :slight_smile:
I’ve already suggested they notify users weekly to backup their sites

Dear ckhawand,

could you please inform the devs that our database seems to be broken or lost too?
Our website is https://mastersoflanwiki.000webhostapp.com

Thank you in Advance!

Best regards,
Patrick

I only quickly checked but your site loaded and has a user called Leeman in the database is this the normal admin username to login with?

Hello Infinity,

no Leeman is a normal “Author”-User - I tried my Admin Login Credentials but they are not working.
Reset Password tells me for Admin Username and Mail Adress that they are not existing.
Tried the same with the mail adress of “Co-Admin” and got the same result.

Is there only the User “Leeman” left in the database?

Best regards,
Patrick

Yeah there only appears to be that one user

Do you by any chance have any backups recently?

Oh no…
No we dont have any backups made until yet.

I just got the credentials of User “Leeman” and could login with that, all the Articles, Images and so on is gone.
All users except that one user are gone, too.

Is there anything we can try to restore at least some of the data?
Are there any logs to see what happened to our database and why it is nearly empty now?

Best regards,
Patrick

I’ve contacted a developer but as far as I know we don’t keep backups at all for the free service.

Thank you very much for your help!

This was a collective wiki with articles from 7 people writing their hearts out for these Stories. “Terribly” wouldnt just nearly describe the pain if everything would be gone.

Is there any response from the dev’s?

No reply on the ticket just yet they’re a bit slow at responding

1 Like

Hi Infinity,

any update from the dev’s yet?
We are all hoping for a miracle that our data can be restored.

Hi I just sent a developer a message outside the ticket system to see if there is an update or anyway to recover the database, I’ve a bad feeling there won’t be good news back, do you have any recent backups at all like ever while hosted anywhere to at least restore some data?

1 Like

Reply: as for the databases - I’m sorry, but there’s absolutely nothing we can do. I talked with our Devops guy, and he said there’s nothing we can do, as those databases are lost permanently. So sorry about that :disappointed:

1 Like