Deleted due to inactivity

My website opti.netii.net was deleted due to inactivity. My account was also deleted. I wasn’t aware of this rule and my site had been here for over 10 years and has become a resource guide for hobbyists, I learned about access problems when a friend told me about it the other day. I have no idea on what;s coming and I am not aware about this rule. This site deletion is a complete surprise to me especially that the site is continuing to receive visitors.

I recreated my account but encountered a problem. I could not find where to create the opti subdomain in the netii.net domain. I do not know where to create that. I really need to recreate the opei.netii.net website. I have a backup of the entire site and I can easily reupload it. However, the subdomain - domain has to be opti.netii.net If I could not recreate that URL there is no point to host the site again here at 000webhost.

I really hope that there is a way to recreate opti.netii.net. If anyone knows how to do this, I am very interested to know how it is done.

Thanks

We’ve removed the old panel subdomains altogether, nobody can register these not even staff members.
Happy site building at your alternative hosting I guess sadly.

That’s very unfortunate.

I just hope that 000webhost will inform the site owner by email before it deletes a site in the future. I did not receive a notice and I would have logged in if I knew about this rule.

If I have to publicize the new URL I would be doing it in my other free account at abfonts.freehostia.com which is a lot older that my old opti.netii.net account here.

Thanks for the info

1 Like

We do inform deletions via email but due to providers blacklisting us it’s hard to get through spam filters and blacklists.
It’s best to grab yourself a custom domain from 99c from a registrar then you own the domain for life and can use any hosting provider at any time with no loss of visitors, like opti.net etc

I did not receive an email notification and I am getting emails from 000webhosts from time to time. Other than the 3 emails I received after I created a new account a while ago, the last email I received was an offer to upgrade to a paid account at a big discount last March 29

I am really very disappointed about this.

1 Like

Sadly there isn’t much we can do in this situation.
Apologies