File Manager / FTP error (Read if experiencing issues)

Error includes 421 Home Directory Error on FileZilla, if you cannot connect to upload/download files using FileZilla nor can use the File Manager your account is experiencing this error but it is being fixed; please refrain from posting threads - one will be posted once fixed.

3 Likes

How long will it take

silly question… here’s a silly answer: until its fixed :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure sorry as long as it takes really, just check back tomorrow or wait until a staff member posts a thread saying it has been fixed :slight_smile:

I think the issue has resolved for the most part - the accounts that weren’t working for me yesterday and now working :1234:

I am getting a timeout error when I try to connect - is this related to the 421 error? I have not been able to log into FTP for the past 2 days. Thank you

Status: Connection attempt failed with “ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out”.
Error: Could not connect to server

Bottom right select open network/sharing on your toolbar wireless/wired connection

Once opened select your working network in my case I’ll click Wi-Fi (Fibre) which brings up the next window.

Now this window should open

Click on the bottom Properties

Once open select IPV4 then select Properties or just double click Properties

Now type in 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as the DNS
Close it, save it.

Now try connecting. still nothing?

Head to start and type cmd.exe

Once open type ipconfig /flushdns

Another tutorial

Sometimes your local Internet Service Provider may use outdated DNS servers, or your computer might be configured to use set ones also which might not be as up to date as the ones I’ll provide below.

Using different DNS servers should not impact your performance, if anything it will make loading sites faster and any changes to other peoples websites should reflect faster as well.

First you’ll want to navigate to your start menu, control panel then network connections.

Once open you’ll want to right click on the connection your computer uses to connect to the Internet be it ethernet wired connection or a wireless connection to your router and select properties.

Once the properties menu appears you’ll want to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) then select properties

Once now on the last screen you’ll want to type in 8.8.8.8 as the first one and 8.8.4.4 as your secondary DNS server.

Now close and save all changes.

Now you’ll want to do the following - find Command Prompt within your start menu else hit start, run, cmd.exe and then open it.

Once open just type ipconfig /flushdns

For more information on Google DNS https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

I hope this aids somewhat.

Infinity, my savior…
I did all of that yesterday…i logged into my acct today…and it seemed to be working with the cpanel username n password issue that started up again last night…soon as i attempt to click the upload files button…its back to the username ok, password incorrect again. So i cleaned my cache again, closed it all out completely…went back into it…now its giving me the file manager screen of death again…so im pretty sure its not resolved completely. just wanted you to know for some it could still be an issue.

I have this error when i open a file in https://files.000webhost.com/
Error -1 - Bridge response error, please check the API docs or this ajax response.

I know that some accounts are still experiencing 421 Home Directory error when trying to upload using FileZilla/ other FTP clients, the File Manager files.000webhost.com is being upgraded and so some users might experience errors trying to login, i.e. wrong user/password when it is correct and things :frowning:

FileZilla might be alternative to File Manager in the meantime if it works that is?