Google verification

Good day. Can someone help me to verify my website with GOOGLE.
They say I have to: Add the TXT record below to the DNS configuration for mywebsite: google-site-verification=woAxexovECSGbEtGzEsKp50MdjTg4VvKk6C3uCUmBJY
Do I just upload this as a text file to my website directory?
Where do I upload it?

How?
Thanks

Upload it where your index page at.

No, that’s not how it works

Dewaal, do you have your own domain or do you use one of 000webhost’s subdomains? If the former, go to the DNS settings of the domain registrar and add the verification code as a TXT record. If you’re using a 000webhost subdomain, I’m afraid you cannot do this.

Just try to add the google meta content verification method in index file before the closing of </head> tag rather than adding TXT method. It’s the easy method.

You Use Alternate Methods For Verification Too… :slight_smile:

Hi Dewaal, any luck on this yet? Would be nice if you can share the steps if you were able to get through this.

i use google webmaster tool (Alternate Methods For Verification). it’s very easy. just copy the code from webmaster tool and paste it to the index page.

if you are using wordpress then there are many plugins that help to verify your … so if let me know i can help

Use genesis theme it should already has an option to add it easily.

Upload it to the head of page. Then click verify. It should works.

Yes, i agree to this.

you need to upload files through FPT and verify you are the owner of your website. I use the theme genesis and easy verify.

Try to upload .HTML on root folder, and verify by checking the URL path of that file.

Here corrected answer
Try to upload the file via FTP Manager or Filezilla. After that verify your url

You can choose other option when verification.
I usually choose option, upload file .html from google to root dir web

What cms do you use?

this is easy way to verify your site

so we have a another man at 000webhost. @ragulaussie

Can You explain alternate methods.

Create a new txt file and add the code and upload it to the root of your domain it will fix that asap.

You can also use wordpress seo plugin it also helps in that.