Here need RUSSIAN FORUM

Hey all.Create please RUSSIAN forum for us.I can be a russian moderator or some like that. Im from Russian / Moscow :cool:

well, there are more russians in this forum?, if there’s only a few, it’s no use :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,

Both Ukrainian and Russian are my native tongues, however I do feel comfortable with English forum, so don’t care about a new one.
If there are specific “Russian” questions, please write me privately.
I will help with what I can.

Hi, im mexican and im studaying russian language. at first, when i had my blog in wordpress, the title was мой блог but now it can’t display cyrilic characters in title, do you know if this is possible?

Hi Desde,

I also have one blog in Russian working on WordPress:

Дискуссии и мысли о работе

I’ve looked through the code of your site and UTF-8 charset should be ok to display Cyrillic characters (my site is using the same and it works fine).

The only thing I can think right now is: being in WP admin panel did you write “Мой блог” directly into PHP code of your installed index.php in “Design/Templates Editor” or did you go to “Settings” and put the name there?
The last method is a correct one.

However if you’d like to have a blog fully in Russian I would strongly recommend just to install Russian version of WordPress.

i did both methods, wrote in index.php and wrote in settings but no one worked. i don’y want everything in russian, just somethings. i saw one of my post where i introduced to everybody to Julia Savicheva and where i wrote her name with cyrilics it show also ??? ???.

I made some experiments. The problem solved.
You may see results **here.
Now how to do it:

1. Using a FTP program go to your folder where WP is installed.
  2. Find the file “wp-config.php”
  3. CHMOD to 777
  4. Upload this file to your computer
  5. Make a backup of the file just in case
  6. Open the file and change charset to "windows-1251"
    LIKE THIS:
    <?php
    // ** MySQL settings ** //
    define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘a5530655_wpess9’); // The name of the database
    define(‘DB_USER’, ‘a5530655_wpess9’); // Your MySQL username
    define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘7IyHHgbNWSNw’); // …and password
    define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘mysql1.000webhost.com’); // 99% chance you won’t need to change this value
    define(‘DB_CHARSET’, ‘utf-8’);
    define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ‘’);

TO:

<?php
// ** MySQL settings ** //
define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘a5530655_wpess9’); // The name of the database
define(‘DB_USER’, ‘a5530655_wpess9’); // Your MySQL username
define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘7IyHHgbNWSNw’); // …and password
define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘mysql1.000webhost.com’); // 99% chance you won’t need to change this value
define(‘DB_CHARSET’, ‘windows-1251’);
define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ‘’);

1. Save the file and upload back to the web folder overwriting the existed file
  2. Open WP admin, go to Settings in upper right corner and change the header to whatever you wish
  3. Come back to FTP and CHMOD wp-config.php back to the value it was before first change - this is for your security.

Let me know if it worked for you.

it works but not for me, because now in every accentued character and in letter ñ it appears a square with a ? inside…

your installation of WP was manual or through Fantastico?
this is an interesting challenge, please let me know

it was through Fantastico. BEcasue i dont know how to make it manual. if you think that could solve my problem, can yopu tell me how?

thankyou

i’m from russia
what that following message mean?

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/c31fd2bf0eb20c3191dd908625ca881c/sape.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/a3095839/public_html/wp-content/themes/quadruple-blue/right_sidebar.php on line 45
Free Web Hosting

PHP Error Message

Warning: require_once(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/c31fd2bf0eb20c3191dd908625ca881c/sape.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/a3095839/public_html/wp-content/themes/quadruple-blue/right_sidebar.php on line 45
Free Web Hosting

PHP Error Message

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/usr/local/apache/htdocs/c31fd2bf0eb20c3191dd908625ca881c/sape.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/a3095839/public_html/wp-content/themes/quadruple-blue/right_sidebar.php on line 45

движок wordprees 2.6 привязать к бирже ссылок “сапе” такая фигня выходит

it means that 000webhost.com does not support certain types of PHP scripts due to security reasons. and SAPE’s script is among them.
I didn’t find a way to use SAPE here by myself, so if you will, please PM me how.

isen,everything should work.

just replace the line

require_once($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/'._SAPE_USER.'/sape.php');

to

require_once('/home/a3095839/public_html/'._SAPE_USER.'/sape.php');

TS, +1

000webhost is serious hosting that need multilang. board, i’m from Ukraine (near Russia) and know Russian very well, so… your decision is? :smiley:

and I’m from Belarus. near Russia and Ukraine =)))

эх вы… пользуете фри буржуйский хостинг для сапы :d ппц

ни стыда ни совести, что мы будем обсуждать на Русском форуме? установку кода сапы на бесконечные сателлиты? ужос :d

isen попробуй плагин iSape

anima can you give me your msn plz :slight_smile:

а мы еще бесплатными доменами пользоваться будем)
кстати, каково ограничение на размер базы тут, а то запамятовал…

I live in Bulgaria, it’s not so close to Ukraine, Belarus or Russia, but i’m a russian =)
WE WANT RUSSIAN (or Bulgarian =)) FORUM !