How to associate a domain-name with hosting

To get your domain setup with SSL, use this:

To get the Wordpress URL changed, use this:

One after the other :smile:

Thanks, Sulliops.

My previous attempt failed.

Waiting for nameservers ” turned into “You have not added any domains yet.”

I’ll give those 2 tutorials a go, as soon as I can.

Thanks again.

I started a thread 3 days ago, called “How to associate a domain-name with hosting”, but it’s been closed/locked because I took too long to reply.

2 members tried to help me, but I’ve been unable to follow the tutorials that were suggested.

I’ll try to make this as short as possible.

A year ago, I bought the domain name (decorator.website) from Hostinger.
My Hostinger account says that the nameservers are listed as “owen.ns.cloudflare.com “ and
veda.ns.cloudflare.com

My Cloudflare dashboard has a DNS tab (as mentioned in the tutorial (How to Use Cloudflare for SSL)), but the tutorials says:
“The cname records that you need to add are below.
“@” points to “yoursite.000webhostapp.com
“www” points to “yoursite.000webhostapp.com”"

… but there is no “@” listed on that page
… the only mention of “www” is this line:
“CNAME www decorator.website Auto Proxied Edit>”
, and no mention of the website that my domain name currently points to, that I could change.

So, I Clicked [Add record] and filled in the line like this:

Type [A]
Name [@]
IPv4 address [nowt.000webhostapp.com]
TTL [Auto]
Proxy status DNS only

… but when I clicked [Save] the [nowt.000webhostapp.com] highlighted – as though it was unacceptable.

What am I doing wrong?

I started a thread 3 days ago, called “How to associate a domain-name with hosting”, but it’s been closed/locked because I took too long to reply.

2 members tried to help me, but I’ve been unable to follow the tutorials that were suggested.

I’ll try to make this as short as possible.

A year ago, I bought the domain name (decorator. website) from Hostinger.
My Hostinger account says that the nameservers are listed as “owen.ns.cloudflare.com “ and
veda.ns.cloudflare.com

My Cloudflare dashboard has a DNS tab (as mentioned in the tutorial (How to Use Cloudflare for SSL)), but the tutorials says:
“The cname records that you need to add are below.
“@” points to “yoursite.000webhostapp.com
“www” points to “yoursite.000webhostapp.com

… but there is no “@” listed on that page
… the only mention of “www” is this line:
“CNAME www decorator. website Auto Proxied Edit>”
, and no mention of the website that my domain name currently points to, that I could change.

So, I Clicked [Add record] and filled in the line like this:

Type [A]
Name [@]
IPv4 address [nowt.000webhostapp.com]
TTL [Auto]
Proxy status DNS only

… but when I clicked [Save] the [nowt.000webhostapp.com] highlighted – as though it was unacceptable.

What am I doing wrong?

You’ll want to login to CloudFlare and delete every single record they’ve added for you.

You’ll then want to add two CNAME records for the domain to function correctly, see above tutorial.

I’ll try to be as detailed as possible.

You said: “You’ll want to login to CloudFlare and delete every single record they’ve added for you.”

I logged into cloudflare, and it showed my domain name with the word “Active” beneath it.

There doesn’t seem to be any way to delete it from that page.

I clicked on the domain name & it took me to an “overview” page.

The only option on that page that might possibly delete it is “Remove site from CloudFlare”.

Should I click that?

Hit DNS

Delete all the records and add your two CNAME records via that page as per tutorial above.

I deleted all 17 lines, then tried to follow the tutorial.

I got as far as the part of the tutorial that says:
“CloudFlare will now inform you to login to your domain registrar and switch your nameservers to CloudFlare to enable DNS to be managed by them.”

Still on the DNS page ~ Underneath the 2 CNAMEs that I just added, it says:
“Cloudflare nameservers
To use Cloudflare, ensure your authoritative DNS servers, or nameservers have been changed. These are your assigned Cloudflare nameservers.
Type Value
NS owen .ns.cloudflare.com
NS veda .ns.cloudflare.com”

I went to the registrar’s (Hostinger’s) website, logged in, and under [DNS Nameservers] is listed the same 2 names (owen .ns.cloudflare.com and veda .ns.cloudflare.com)

Presumably, that’s because it’s already pointing to CloudFlare, and CloudFlare will make the changes (within 24 hours) to point the domain to my 000webhost.com page.

Is that correct?

Ahhhhh!
There’s a [Delete] for each one.
Got it.
Thanks.

Ok. Thanks.

On the DNS page there are 17 lines.
Do I click on each line, in turn, and remove all letters, numbers & characters from each box, and then click [Save] on each one?

So I can see your nameservers are pointed correctly.
Ensure the two CNAME records pointing to 000webhost are on CloudFlare and with grey clouds, then add to our 000webhost panel, once added then you may turn orange to reap the benefits of CloudFlare.

Here’s a screenshot showing that the 2 CNAME records are pointing to 000webhost on CloudFlare and have grey clouds.

z-cloudflare

I’m not sure what you mean by: “ add to our 000webhost panel”

I’ve logged into 000webhost again, but can’t find the word “panel” anywhere.

In “Tools” there is a “Set Web Address” option, where I can “[+Add domain]”

Is that what you mean?

Click [+Add domain] and insert the domain name?

Yes set web address add domain and point option.

Thanks for trying, Infinity, but I’m getting nowhere.

The tutorials just don’t work and instructions seemed to be aimed at people that already know what they’re doing.

The tutorial that you mentioned says that I should “Add a new site …” but when I try to do that, I get the message: “decorator. website already exists”.

It’s probably going to be easier for me to try another web-hosting service.

Perhaps I can find one with simple instructions aimed at dummies like me.

Thanks again for trying.

Much appreciated.

Now the website domain is linked to your 000webhostapp account.

All you need to do (if you are staying here) is turn the CLOUDS ORANGE on CloudFlare to reap benefits of their service.

All you need to do (if you are staying here) is turn the CLOUDS ORANGE on CloudFlare to reap benefits of their service.

Thanks, Infinity.

I had parked the domain, rather than pointing it, as I don’t understand the difference.

I don’t know how it’s working, but it’s working.

Should I change the park to a point?

• I don’t know what changing the clouds to orange does, but I’ll take your word for it.

Thanks again for your help.

Much appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 22 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.