How to associate DB to 000webosting/Wordpress

I created my website several months ago for the first time. I log on recently and messed up by clicking on the “Install Wordpress” button instead of going to the site button farther down the page. This reinstalled Wordpress and created a new database. The old database is still listed in the database section.
I need to know how to re-associate the old database with the new installation of Wordpress. I have looked online and the answers looked complicated by my experience level. I am hoping there is a simpler way that I am missing, as the database is still on the 000webhosting site.

Best,
Tony

P.S. Probably does not matter but the website is www.roverfanatic.com

Hi!

Where is the old database? I can’t see it :confused:

I’m sure there is some sarcasm involved in the reply, sadly I don’t get that either.

On the “Manage Database” tab I deleted the new database that was created when I accidentally reloaded Wordpress on 000webhosting, leaving the old database there but not associated with my web page.

Here is the information showing on that one:

DB Name
id3183473_wp_0be58bf3237962e64c0a43f2d83ee18a

DB User
id3183473_wp_0be58bf3237962e64c0a43f2d83ee18a

DB Host
localhost

Not sure what else to send you short of usernames and passwords to the control panel or PhpMyAdmin…which I doubt is what your getting at.

Best,
Tony

This on the PhpMyAdmin:

Database Server:
Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server type: MariaDB
Server version: 10.2.12-MariaDB - MariaDB Server
Protocol version: 10
User: id3183473_wp_0be58bf3237962e64c0a43f2d83ee18a@2a02:4780:bad:c0de::14
Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

Web Server:
Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.2k-fips
Database client version: libmysql - mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: b5c5906d452ec590732a93b051f3827e02749b83 $
PHP extension: mysqliDocumentation curlDocumentation mbstringDocumentation
PHP version: 7.0.26

I apologize for my misconception.

I have linked your current database to your website :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help!

Is this something I need to know how to do in the future or is a admin only thing?

Best,
Tony

Simply opening wp-config.php file and changing the database, username and password to match that of your old/new database in the 000webhost.com > Manage Database area.

Thank you…!!!

Tony

I am posting this reply though I think the original circumstances have perhaps changed. The web site domain changed from

www.roverfanatic.com
to
www.roverfanatic.club

I don’t think that has any bearing on the issue of the database not being associated with
https://roverfanatic.000webhostapp.com//

In looking at the phpadmin page I can find no wp-config file. I have taken a screenshot of were I am looking , in case I am not in the correct area. Otherwise could you please advise?

Best,
Tony

I’ve checked your wp-config.php file within public_html and copied the correct database details from your control panel into it, let me know if you are still having issues I’ll try to assist.

http://roverfanatic.000webhostapp.com/wp-admin

I really cannot thank you enough for this…

Best,
Tony

1 Like

No problem!
Have a good week! :slight_smile:

1 Like