Htc access help

Hey guys, I’m new here and need help asap

I made a wordpress website and everything worked fine but now every time I try to go to my site I get the

Application error
An error occurred in the website and your page could not be displayed. If you are the website owner, check your logs for details.
error.

I’ve done my research and I know it has something to do with the htcaccess file so I went to my file manager and the site works when I delete it except I can only go to my homepage, all other pages are “not found” even though they remain published in my admin page. Every time I try to delete some SEO plugins that I thought are responsible for a mess up the website crashes and I get the “Application error” again.

I’ve noticed that there are 2 htcacces files in that case, one being “htcaccess” and the other that pops up whenever my website is down, “.htcaccess”. The homepage works when I delete the later but soon enough it crashes again and, again, there is a “.htcaccess” file next to the other one.

I have no clue what is going on and, given that this is a project for my class, really don’t have time to make a new website from scratch or move to another hosting service, your help would mean A LOT right now.

Fixed for you? :smiley:

it works now, bless you man :smiley: