Installing MonsterInsights/Google Analytics?

My website is the following:
https://frugalfoodieforever.000webhostapp.com/

I’m going around in circles here. I installed wordpress. I installed a theme. (even tho none of the graphics are showing up). so now I wanted to install adsense. but I’m supposed to install analytics. But I have to install this MonsterInsights, which is supposed to be Analytics? But I can’t install MonsterInsights. Or Analytics? Are they the same? Do I need to install one to do the other?
I downloaded MI plug in. I watched videos on how to install MI and the menu that is shown in the video I do not have.

Ok, I just saw in the comments of the youtube video that I need a business account to install plugins? Yet another step!

And I’m doing all this because I couldn’t get adsense installed on the Blogger account, but it looks like I may have to go back to that

So how do I get analytics or adsense on a free 000webshost account with a free wordpress software?

This is so very frustrating. I can’t see how to attach pictures so for now I’ll jsut type out what is in my menu on the site and on the menu in the youtube video:

My menu:
View Site
Dashboard
Power Store
Tools
Website Settings
Learn to Code
Discord
Blog
Community Froum
Customer Support

Menu on youtube video example:
Dashboard
Pages
Commetns
Appearance
Plugins
Installed Plugins
Add New
Editor
Users
Tools
Settings
Collapse Menu

First time posting here so please ask me as many questions as you need.

So if you’ve installed WP
You now manage your site vp https://frugalfoodieforever.000webhostapp.com/wp-admin

Login to the administration panel to download plugins and themes easily.

ok THAT’S WEIRD!!! IDK why or how I wasn’t on that page… Because you saw the menu I was looking at … ok let me try that.

I’ve been reading so much and doing so much it got very confusing. and it was 1 am and i was tired. LOL.

thank you! I’ll update if/when it works. lol

1 Like

ok, i found that and i got analytics installed.
Now i can’t get ads to work,
and even tho I supposedly installed a theme, it’s not visible.
I also found a spot the other day where there were tons of themes but when I go to the theme section now, there’s only five?
And why isn’t my theme showing up.
My blogger blog was awesome… everyhting works.
but I read to have more control to use wordpress.
so far I’m finding I have NO control because everything I do doesn’t work.
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

What kind of ads do you need?
Have you signed up to adsense?

yes I have an adsense account for over 10 years.
I’ve only ever used text ads but if other ads work better on wordpress then I’ll use whatever works.
Do i have to set ads up on both adsense AND the dashboard? or just one side?
do I set it up on adsense then copy paste the code?
i can’t find where to copy paste the code into wordpress. I can’t find where ANY html is to edit it.
(I have some html experience from years ago (early 00’s).
i used to code my own websites in notepad, and i used to make free websites on geocities. it was so easy.
Obviously once I learn wordpress It’ll be easy but why is it so hard to initially figure out?
I also need the html access so I can put a statcounter on my blog because the free analytics is a joke. statcounter is free and you get sooooo much more.

Just have a look WordPress is the simple option, for those who don’t know or need code.

1 Like