Is 000webhost region restricted?

Hello. I’m trying to access my free site from south america(Peru) however I get connection time outs. Both for the site and FTP.

Using a VPN to other countries does allow me to both view the site and access FTP. Tried with: USA, Mexico and Spain.

Notice a the address is being correctly resolved. So I discarded a DNS issue.

So I would like to know if 000webhost has some sort of restriction for south america or specific countries.

Thank you in advance

Hi @motionsickness!

000webhost does not block any country code from accessing our services. Either the IP block from which you are attempting to access the website has been recently abused and it will stay a while blocked (Cloudflare’s doing that, not us), either something else is deliberately blocking you.

Please clear your browser cache, turn off your firewalls. Make sure nothing on your machine is preventing you from accessing *.000webhost.com on both HTTP and FTP.

1 Like

Could be my IP. I have gotten alerts from another site about abuse. I will add my tests results just in case

HTTP to 000webhost.com works fine. HTTP to 000webhostapp.com doesn’t work. FTP doesn’t work.

If cloudflare is known for blocking, then I guess that’s it. I will try from another ISP tomorrow to check.

Thank you

1 Like

Some services are blocking *.000webhostapp.com because it has been abused over time.

Please ask your ISP whether it is blocking these URLs or not.

Also, make sure any firewall from your machine is turned off.

1 Like