Is this really better than paid hosts ? My expereince

I started my website http://www.khulibaat.com with 000webhost. There were certain limitations here so moved to freehostingnoads.net

Both have same kind of service in my personal opinion however with the later one there were less limitations. I also added a mybb forum. I started experiencing issues while accessing forum as many times they would say that connection to mysql or something like that exceeded or whatever .

I gave a thought and now moved to a hosting service for which it is said that they are world’s biggest hosting service as per many reviews.

I have never ever had any connection to mysql limit exceeded issues.

They never cry for ddos attacks. Website is always up.

Now all I would like to say that this 000webhost shud not be saying that their service is better than paid hosting. If it is then why they themselves promote hosting24.com services .

**Anyways I would like to appreciate all the help this forum has always given me in regards to solving my problems related to website . Now since now I have a bit of understanding of web concepts I would like to pay it back.

One simple word, This hosting service is great for small websites and newbies and this forum as well.

I have started a blog and will soon write about this website and also this forum etc .
Thanks

What they do is great for start-ups and shoestring budgets. This service is invaluable to the public. I also was part of another service for a fee, and they had many down cycles and attacks. The DOS attacks have increased just recently. It may get even worse. This is no fault of theirs. My personal observation is that many who sign up think they are smarter than the provider. They believe they can con and trick their way around the rules. This also hurts all of the other members. When they see you are doing things in a professional manner, they move you to a more stable server. I for one can not thank them enough. Not everyone can get millions of dollars and support staff when trying to build a website. One word of advice. Never piss in your own bowl if you intend to eat out of it later.

@ Visual. I am not saying bad thing nor pissing in my own bowl . 000webhost is no longer my bowl… im now on a different host now . But came back to the forum as i can never thank dem enough .

But my current server never says we are under ddos attack . both 000webhost and freehostingnoads.net keeps crying for ddos atatcks… i intended to ask a question why my current server does not say that thing … As i am not an expert so was asking that question …

[2 minutes later]

many thanks to 000webhost . but what they are doing is not a courtesy . check out http://www.youhosting.com/

they allow u to create a reseller account and provide free hosting services and make money … everyone is here to make money … since dey are providing service for free(i refer to free hosts) it comes with some catch… .

for small websites its good … no doubt in it

You are pissing in a bowl that you will never eat from again, in my humble opinion. They wish to help start-ups and hope they will eventually move to a paid service. Why is this wrong? You seem to only want members here to review and join you and your blog. Good luck with that. If you make it to an elevated level, why would you want to piss in the faces of those who helped you get a start? This is fowl to me. If i make a new level, i will try to collect everyone who helped me. This isn’t the way of most. They take and walk away. One day i may decide to rock the boats of all the spying websites. They know what i am talking about. An app on your phone is a possible spying program that can see other apps and track everything that you do once you load it on your phone. I hope that it’s not true, but recent events prove the opposite.

Honestly this site isn’t good even for start up sites because outdated php, no auto installer, issues with FTP when uploading many files, site goes down on a single IP. I honestly think they should just end this site and only offer paid hosting. I honestly don’t regret leaving this host what soever.

I still laugh at people like you who post negative comments. Why do it? You have nothing else to do with your successful web service? Why log in and post anything? I post nothing on hundreds of websites that i do not agree with. Why? I have a life. Clue…

cool we have our right to an opinion

Why slam a free service which helps new start-ups? Get your opinions in order, and know what you really stand for. Opinions are as different as butts, and some smell more.

Ha ha …

Well Sir/Mam, Initially this site was good for me . Not anymore . They helped me a lot. I had no knowledge or understanding of a website and if nothing comes for free. So when these guys are giving something for free there is always a catch. I really do not understand the catch in here but there must be … Anyways I have the opinion that this site and this forum is good for newbies…

Outdated PHP,Limited databases, no auto installer

@ visual. Read what i said in first comment . I do not like arguing and u r the one who started and if u read it again u will know what i said . Anyways Let me ignore any of ur future comments and posts. Simple. !!

[1 minute later]

Sir/Mam., We cant expect much from a free host.

anyways the one where i hosted my site after this hosting service was obviously better than 000webhost. No doubts .

Anyways since its free we cant expect a lot …

ya but PHP not being updated is insane because programs are starting to require php 5.3

i really dont know much about the php versions. rather i shud say i dont know about them … So cannot comment … :):slight_smile:

further as i said before. !! its a free host … so cant expect much . still i guess. these free hosts are good for newbies and small websites… may be personal websites or whatever , small websites…

ha ha. This sounds like my youngest girl. Until she wants her allowance a couple days later.

I understand that the hosting if for free and is for startups and newbies. I being the latter. However, the limits are difficult to understand. My site www.thombell.net is strictly a personal site. However, while I haven’t exceeded the storage limits, I’ve apparently exceeded the transfer limits because I no longer can FTP files to the site due to exceeding limit.

Many of us are not experts. Okay, one of us isn’t an expert. But I hate my site not being correct. Until the month resets, I have a page that won’t be working. And it’s one of my favorite pages.

All your pages work for me, which one is the problem one?
What error message are you getting with ftp?

i tried opening ur site. though it took ages to open up(better that our paid host) .

still the design looked cute… u designed all this stuff or is its a pre-designed/readymade template …

I think the problem is intermittent since it loads fine for me. I guess since this is a shared server?

A couple of the Disney Trips were missing but after a day or two I was able to FTP again. The message that I was getting was on my FTP Cyberduck saying that I had exceeded and the file was refused. I’ll shoot a screen shot next time it happens.

I built the site using iWeb on a Mac. A few modifications that I liked but I am still learning. The main purpose of the site is just for me to learn.

buddy, as a free host i expect less, but 000webhost have more advantage compared to other…

we can’t assure a single other free host, may be they closed down without notice, but 000webhost is here and always here for us to serve…

hope you understood.