My new Web Design!

Hey guys! yeah, I made a new website. Not for myself, or anyone, instead for the public. If it’s good enough, i’ll put it up for sale. Maybe for $3 or something, but that all depends on your feedback. You’re allowed to give me strict criticism. I want to know every problem you see in the style. I call this “[FONT=“Arial Black”][COLOR=“Orange”][SIZE=“5”]The Orange System[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]”.
It’s not complete yet. I still need to finish the footer, by making more divs in there and putting up extras to fill the gap. As for the heading, i’ll replace it with a logo.
Everything in there is made from scratch by me, except the jquery, and font. :stuck_out_tongue:

Link is down! Sorry! This is temporary only! Please refer to this!

Thanks!

-**[SIZE=“4”][COLOR=“Navy”]N[/COLOR][/SIZE]**ighthawk

P.S It might be somewhat heavy for people with low end connections, that’s because the images used are un compressed. Especially that 4MB background picture. yeah yeah I know, I’ll compress them all to less than 500kb(hopefully) when I’m done with the website.

I have tried accessing your website but couldn’t go through. I am getting a page unavailable response but no worry, will keep trying till I give you a feed back.

This is a very basic site.But I value your effort.Add new things again and again, then it will be good.

Center the contact form, don’t use shaded letters for paragraph text (hard to read)
Logo box and content box is two different styled boxes (nothing bad about this, but it looks like they are supposed to be the same)

The yellow shaded line kinda crashes, and don’t use the red line thingy around the menu, it doesn’t fit the rest of the website.

Content boxes should not have a background (for the easy/hard to read part)
Name the index/home page “index.php” or “index.html” and not “home.php” :stuck_out_tongue:

And not to be unfair or anything, but there isn’t really a lot that is unique to that desin, it’s simple logo, menu, 1-box content, footer design, I bet you could mix up something unique.

Like, there aren’t enough UNIQUE designs out there, designs like this (not that is is any good, but it is unique, and gives the users a choise, and it doesn’t look finished, but you get my idea) http://moorten93.blogg.no

But it is a good base for a general design, but use your imagination, make something that ONLY you have.

This is a very basic site.But I value your effort.Add new things again and again, then it will be good.
I’ll be aiming for that! ^^

I have tried accessing your website but couldn’t go through. I am getting a page unavailable response but no worry, will keep trying till I give you a feed back.

It seems to be working… I had a friend who had a problem like this viewing my own website, he said something about doing something to his router and said it worked after that. I guess it a problem there. I’ll post screenshots for the next version.

Center the contact form, don’t use shaded letters for paragraph text (hard to read)

Yeah, I’ve been told about that. >.> I’ll fix it.

The yellow shaded line kinda crashes, and don’t use the red line thingy around the menu, it doesn’t fit the rest of the website.

The shaded line is just the box shadow of the header container. :slight_smile:
Umm, should I use orange as the border of the menu?

Content boxes should not have a background (for the easy/hard to read part)
Name the index/home page “index.php” or “index.html” and not “home.php”

I guess I’ll make it lighter, because if i remove it, it will kind of look… naked. :smiley:

And not to be unfair or anything, but there isn’t really a lot that is unique to that desin, it’s simple logo, menu, 1-box content, footer design, I bet you could mix up something unique.

It’s not done yet! I’m still working on it, I’m going to finish the footer, make the social bar, make a logo, add jquery effects to make it more gorgeous, and add a downloads page to preview more css.

use your imagination, make something that ONLY you have.

Yeah, That’s a tip I’m going to keep. But I’m not an expert in web designing… yet! Thanks for the feedback, I’ll be fixing a lot of things up and bringing you a better v2 of it.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and help!

P.S Anyone know where I can showcase my template, and give it to people for download for free? Because I know I’m not up to the case to sell stuff. But Atleast I could get it “out to the world”, and not keep in in my hdd.

If you make some few web designs (like 5-10 for a starter) you could give them from your own domain.

And I like your effort, and I will have a look when you have updated it a bit :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about the yellow shaded line, but making it orange might help a little bit :slight_smile:

And to be fair, I never made any good designs in “my early days”, and this is fairly good if you haven’t been doing it for a while, or if this is one of the first you get feedback on.

tbh, this is my SECOND good design(for me), the first was my website. Before that my website was a crappy mess.
I mean, look at it. http://nighthawk1037.comze.com/old/ xD

After that I looked on at other websites, looked at how they configured each div to make it look good. read a few docs about css, and “Now were here”.

I’m still working on my website to develop a stable database(mysql) and store ids of all the stuff I post and retrieve them when I want it for display (php), i.e my downloads, templates etc. I just don’t have the time. But i promised myself I’d finish it. Still have a lot of stuff to do, then I’ll be posting my new templates there.

Another word of wisdom, you might know it, you might not.
However, chose mysqli or php PDO in stead of mysql, as mysql_* is deprecated, it will be removed in a later version of php :slight_smile:

Yeah I heard about it. But i wasn’t sure, because some said it wasnt going to be removed, so…

I’ll be heading for mysqli after a while, before mysql is removed so i can update the code, but for now it’s mysql for me. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the words of wisdom. :smiley: