PHP IMAP Support

I’m trying to install vtiger - a php crm - but installation script say me that there is no imap support.

Is there any method to activate it ?

Many Thanks in advance

Olivier

The free hosting service is limited to 5 mail accounts, but there is no SMTP service. vtiger will need to be configured to send using php mail(). Try using mx.000webhost.com as the imap server during the installation. You might need to use the cPanel to configure the mail accounts before installing.

The php mail function should already be configured. Try go Googling for a mod for vtiger.

Also, the TOS says that mass mail scripts are not allowed. You might want to rethink what you are doing.

Thanks for your answers.

If I understand well, the php_imap support is required by vtiger to assign mail received, to the customers defined into vtiger. Perhaps I’m wrong but php mail is used to send mail not to receive it.

I would like to know if the library php_imap can be activated with 000webhost or if there any substitute into vtiger.

Regards,

Olivier

Look at the server PHP config.
Press Ctrl+F and search for 'imap’
You will get no matches.
When I asked about this they said ‘its disabled because it is a free service’

Please see my other thread about using Google apps with 000webhost where you can use Gmail as you imap or smtp gateway.
Please search and you will find.
Thanks

@chanh -

Wow - I know this is an old post. And I did read your signature FAQ. But I need to ask, in reference to the OP, will using the Google MX record as you suggest allow the PHP IMAP requirements in vTiger to work? vTiger allows send and receive email from within the contact records - as well as an autoreply feature which is necessary for my set up. (New lead comes in, welcome email goes out, etc.)

My 100% understanding on this is that the IMAP PHP extension must be enabled on the webhost platform where the vTiger install resides.

I’m guessing that this is a server side script, that regardless of what you do with the MX record set up - that your server still would NOT allow for the email to be sent from the IMAP PHP extension, like from vTiger, or am I wrong and it WILL do it?

Your help appreciated! Thanks.

Urgh! I’m an idiot! Very next page I went to after posting the above was here:

Which says:

"We offer free web hosting with unrestricted PHP support, enjoy benefits of PHP 5 absolutely free. Unlike other free webhosts, we have PHP and MySQL enabled with no limits!

You can use PHP’s mail() function to send mail for your visitors, you can use PHP sockets to connect to other servers and PHP Curl feature can be used to grab content from other websites."

So I assume now then that it WILL work, correct?

Have you tried what it says when you click Manage Email Accounts in CPanel?

I just established my server account for first time. Currently uploading tarball. Should I try that Manage Email Accounts or are you asking me to report back to you?

Thanks.

Just if you’ve tried it, I know people have problems with IMAP as the ports needed might be closed.
Never tried it myself, I’ll give it a go using Outlook and see if it works - my email is established whereas yours will be brand new and may not work for a few days anyway.

Edit: I can’t get it working, Outlook needs either/and ports 465/993 open for IMAP and they’re closed.
Another thing to do is check if mail is working on the server you’re on.