Portuguese characters not showing properly

Hello

I have this webpage that is written in portuguese, with special characters as " ç " ou " ó ", etc

Those chars are being presented back s a losangle with a question mark.

However, when hosted in another provider,as “awardspace.com” the pages works correctly.

I wonder whether are any special conversion tables, UTF-8 or iso or something that could be casing this. Here are a first few lines of the page. As it is, works fine at the other provider.

==================================

<titleK a t y A:link {text-decoration: none;} A:visited {text-decoration: none;} .tx {font-family:"Verdana"; font-size:"10pt"; font-weight:regular; color:#222222} .tit {font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-size:28pt; font-weight:Bold; color:#111199; text-align:left;} .aa {font-family:"Verdana"; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold; background-color:#FEFEEE;} ================================

I guess several lines did not show. Ley me try to invalidate html commands:

• html>
  • head>
  • titleK a t y
  • meta charset=“iso-8859-1”>
  • style type=text/css>
  • :link {text-decoration: none;}
  • :visited {text-decoration: none;}
  • tx {font-family:“Verdana”; font-size:“10pt”; font-weight:regular; color:#222222}
  • tit {font-family:“Times New Roman”; font-size:28pt; font-weight:Bold; color:#111199; text-align:left;}
  • aa {font-family:“Verdana”; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold; background-color:#FEFEEE;}
    */style>
    */head>

Can your try…this

See if this works!!!

I migrated to the new CP yesterday and have the same prob with the same characters, they showed correctly in the old CP. I have tried to change the charset as suggested from - charset=windows-1252 to charset=UTF-8 but when I click save it reverts back to charset=windows-1252, this is my

Portugal Thanks

this was supposed to be included, sorry

head
meta http-equiv=“content-type” content="text/html;
charset=windows-1252"
title>Portugal
meta name=“GENERATOR” content="Microsoft FrontPage 6.0"
meta name=“ProgId” content=“FrontPage.Editor.Document”

What I found is that with ANOTHER host provider, all works OK.

What it seems to me is that some definition in the server may lead to the error being discussed.

First of all, make sure the file is actually saved in UTF-8 format.

Then check that you have in your HTML header.

You can also try calling header(‘Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8’); at the beginning of your PHP script or adding AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 to your .htaccess file.

Same problem here in Brazil. The display was OK before the migration to the new cpanel.

First of all, make sure the file is actually saved in UTF-8 format.

Then check that you have in your HTML header.

You can also try calling header(‘Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8’); at the beginning of your PHP script or adding AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 to your .htaccess file.

My website is not written in PHP and the .htaccess trick did not worked.
And I don’t know how to change the UTF-8 configuration in Frontpage (the tool used to build the website)

FrontPage? The outdated Microsoft site builder?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=36179

Try this?

If you’ve just got a plain old index.html page then try

[code]

[/code]