Project 157

Project 157: “job hunter UK”

Still very much in the early devolpment stages that started life as an experiment with to explore the uses of Yahoo Pipes. So all the really interesting stuff is going on behind the scenes with the server for now but am in middle of a big Ajax rewrite that will push most of the processing client side with luck.

Anyhow thought I would show everbody what I’ve got so far. Very little static content at the moment,(in fact most of it’s not linked up yet) but the map search for Jobs in Wales is running. Come monday onwards you will see the vacancies changing.

Search button ‘Go’ isn’t lined up correctly in Chrome:

Thanks for that “lobrc” , have probably forget to apply the id tag for the css

several minutes later…says…

“bloody chrome…” and inserts table as work around.

Even though I live in Texas and Whales is a long walk for me I like it, but then walking to the coffee pot is a long walk for me anymore… Thinking of which…Time for some ice cream.! :rolleyes:
I’ll even try to remember to check back, but don’t count on it… I had to write down it’s ice cream time or I would have forgot it’s coffee time tomorrow morning.

Am getting old as well so have to keep notes :slight_smile:

scrawls yet another undecipherable ‘post it’ and sticks to wall

###P157: see if scripts could be tweaked to work stateside###

Well the job vacancies are in the UK, people from Europe and further afield may find it useful. Though the system behind the screen could be adapted to find results from the USA for instance but the problem is obtaining permission to re-use the data.

Favicon going on later today.

Probably the best eye catching design that I have seen on here so far, very nice work. :cool:

Thanks for the encouragement, sadly behind the screen it’s a bloody nightmare in terms of coding because of red tape and the inability of two seperate government departments to work together. One says yes we can use the data whilst the other is franticly trying to figure out how to prevent us getting at it . Such is the reality of the ‘open government’ policy in the UK.

<li><a href="ttp://bishop.comxa.com/a1_alpha/a_faq.php">Frequently Asked Questions </a></li>

I think the faq link needs a fix, but nice design.

someone likes ice cream? I like ice cream very much like Bad Ice Cream 3