SMF: How to remove index.php from url

Hello, i am wondering how to use .htaccess to remove index.php? so it will be free.subdoma.in/action=forum not free.subdoma.in/index.php?action=forum

Hello,

What CMS (Content Magnament System) are you using?

What is the current contents of your .htaccess file?

php_value auto_prepend_file none
php_value auto_append_file none
ErrorDocument 403 /error.php
ErrorDocument 404 /error.php
ErrorDocument 500 /error.php 

and i have Simple Machines Forum

You can check this thread the official SMF forum

Work, just ONE more question, how to remove [?] too?

You can ask directly to the SMF forum assistance, if it is possible

Hi Arsen, if you got an answer from them, it would help a lot if you could post it here too.

I got 90%, on 100% i will.

1. Please do your own backup though every installation is backed up automatically.
  2. This mod will try to index.php from your forum completely via url rewrite using htaccess approach.
  3. If you need a simpler mod, you can use the second RIPTP package which removes index.php only in three places;
    that is in your forum name or image link, home menu button link and top linktree link.
  4. This IMO should boost your forum SEO a little bit. :wink:
  5. It should not have any problems with other mods bu do report any error or problem you faced, if any.

check it here have fun !

No Dobut, From your Signature. i can say.

I think you should to check this link buildwithcraft.com/help/remove-index.php and read article about your question.

To remove the index.php, create a file at the root of your PyroCMS site called .htaccess. You can find out more about .htaccess here, but for our purposes here we just want to use it to hide index.php in our URLs.