Things We See Every Day

A story a friend once told me :slight_smile:

Well, I had one event happen to me, where one lady had just bought a Apple IIc and complained that she was having problems with her monitor, so we told her to bring her monitor in, and we’d check it out.

So she brings her monitor in, and we plug it in, and it works without a flaw. We tell her that the monitor isn’t the problem, and to bring her CPU in. She stares at us blankly, and asks, “What’s the CPU?” Joe explains that it’s the piece of equipment that all your devices plug into. So about twenty minutes later, she returns and walks in carrying the surge supressor. When we explained to her the item that we needed her to bring in, she replied, “Oh you mean the keyboard!” (On Apple IIc’s, the CPU box and keyboard are part of the same unit.) And to make this all the more interesting, she was a gradeschool computer class instructor.

… Oh! The joys of stupidity!

Awesome story, I’ve got a very similar one.

I was using an iMac at school, new this year. I launched word, safari (no firefox, boo), and then went to my student folder that is pinned to the dock. Once I the folder opens… “Mac OS X has unexpectly quit”. It was pretty funny because my teacher had no idea what to do with the computer after it restarted and it just got stuck at the gray screen with the apple logo and had the spinning wheel thing. I found it rather funny because I just cleared the PRAM and it worked just fine. I also can access the command line by holding down command+s on startup though, so if I felt like it I could make myself an admin.

Your school has Macs? I’m guessing you go to a private school?

Actually I don’t, we just have a stupid technology coordinator person.

Woah… I wish we had Macs when I was at school :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s nice I guess, but the server sucks. It crashes about every other week. I think the hardware is almost six years old though. At least next year I get to move to a higher building where they have boot camp w/ windows XP on all the macs. They are smarter though and have a cart of 20 windows 7 IBM’s w/ core i5’s.

What do you mean by a cart? Like a rack?

There are 20 laptops on a cart/rack like thing on wheels. A teacher can sign out the cart and then roll the thing into their room and hand a laptop to each person that needs one to work on whatever. Something like this, but probably cheaper: https://www.schooloutfitters.com/catalog/product_info/pfam_id/PFAM12597/products_id/PRO31044

Ahh, that’s pretty cool :slight_smile:

I wish my school buys cart like that

Keep on wishing lol

I Daily Watch The New Movie.

I do check my facebook status, eat daily and work daily.

sleeping, the only thing i don’t want. do other all. xD ha ha ha