TOS - understanding problem

Hello!
Right now I am building a web site that would serve as the index of files uploaded on an external service(archive.org). These files should be able to download via links on my site.
Downloading would be possible using the “a-href” html code on my site.

However, in therms of your service, I noticed one rule that I was a little vague and does not understand that if I add “a href” code on your site has violated this rule. (“4. We do not allow any file sharing scripts to be run. 5. Chat, proxy, or file download scripts are not allowed.”)

I don’t understand what you mean under “scripts”. Is list of “a href” links file sharing script?

Also, I want to emphasize that I HAVE ALL copyrights to the files that are uploaded to that external service.

I apologize if You think that this question should not be asked, becasue you think that the answer is obvious (Please note that English is not my native language, so this is one of the reasons why I asked). Also, I apologize if this issue has already been discussed (I searched forum, don’t find anything).

Thank you, very much.

You dont need file sharing scripts download what you want add it to archive as .rar file and add it Through filezilla and people can download from their

I now that I don’t need any special script. A yeah, now I see. “a href” code sholud not be script. It’s just a code. These files are already uploaded to another hosting with much more space and bandwith, so I just want on my site put links to external hosting.

That should not be against the rules, or I’m wrong?

p.s. I have all copyrights on these files…

It’s not.

Think of filesharing script as scripts similar to Rapidshare, Mediafire and theirlike. That are the kind of scripts we do not allow on free hosting accounts.

Listen up. Files are not to be downloaded from the server where your site is hosted. But yes you can make this.

Where does it say that?

It is implied. File-sharing scripts are not allowed because of CPU overusage and bandwidth draining. As long as the files aren’t on our servers, it will be fine.

Files are not to be downloaded from the server where your site is hosted.

I was referring to that. And that is plain wrong. If a customer wants to offer a file for download, maybe some image he made or a Word document then that is fine.

But the TOS says: NO FILE/IMAGE HOSTING SITES
What uyou don’t understand? A image or a word document is a file. But a customer can write a link (HTML A-HREF code can be included) to another site for downloading like ‘‘Mediafire’’.

Are you trying to lecture me?
Before doing so you should get a basic understanding of what an “Image Host” and a “File Host” is rather than spamming a squillion of threads with your “submit a ticket and they will tell you” reply or other nonsense. Believe it or not, there is a difference between offering a single file for download and a “file hosting” site.

Lol according to this OP, we can’t upload a website because we don’t want the HTML being downloaded and displayed do we? Haha you tell him Karma!

So be it then. I will allow my scripts file hosting. For example SimpleMachines Forum attachments. Then we will see. If they ban me what will you say then, e?

You still do not have the slightest clue as to what file/image hosting is, do you?

But I know that file hosting or image hosting is (no other files/images different than the script’s files).

Nope, wrong.

Maybe this helps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_hosting

OK, cool down people. I got the answer.

No, my site isn’t file hosting site! It’s just index of download links on another filehosting (arhcive.org). My entire site space is about 2-3MB.
I believe that there is no anything wrong to put “a href” links to another file hosting service because that don’t take (almost) nothing servers CPU.

Correct me if I’m wrong. TNQ

But I meant to say that you can put this ‘‘a-href’’ links.