Trouble Receiving Emails

Hello!
I recently started my first website theporchnh.com. I am however trying to access the WordPress dashboard so that I can edit my site/add themes. My password did not work so I clicked the button to reset it. (I have a WordPress.org account, but I guess this is separate as that did not work either?) However, I have not received any emails. I’ve cleared my cache several times and tried changing things in my FTP files, but now when I try to access the WP login through /wp-admin.php, it gives me the message, “There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.” But of course I am not receiving any emails so I don’t know what to do. I would GREATLY appreciate feedback as I have been struggling with this for quite some time now trying different things.

So I’m currently troubleshooting this… I haven’t yet found the issue.

I’ve restored the default WordPress .htaccess file and generated a fresh wp-config.php and updated PHP version to 8.0

Ah, I entered the database via phpMyAdmin, and switched the stylesheet and template from

shapely 

to

twentytwentyone 

This has restored basic site functionality, and the admin panel login page - let me know how you get on -

http://theporchnh.com/wp-admin

It would appear to be a theme issue, try deleting the theme and reinstalling it or uploading all of the files again to wp-content folder / themes maybe there are missing files.

Just got in, and I am now also receiving emails. Thank you so so much for helping, I really truly appreciate it !! :slight_smile:

1 Like