Tutorial: How to install Wordpress on a 000webhost account

Hi all,

i have been reading the forum for a while now and noticed that a lot of people seem to have difficulties installing certain scripts such as Wordpress, Joomla and theirlike.

As i got some time on my hands now i was thinking of putting some tutorials online that might be useful when it comes to the problems i just mentioned. I started out with Wordpress, which is pretty easy to install and had a shot at writing something useful on how to set it up with 000wehost.

This tutorial is more towards people that would like to install the script themselves, and not so much about the WP installation via Fantastico.

So here we go, and remember: It´s my first shot at doing tutorials, so if commenting go easy on me :stuck_out_tongue:
How to install WP on a 000webhost.com account

Updated: Complete WordPress Installation Guide can be found here.

I already apologize for possible typos, misspellings and whatnot, but what can i say…i am german :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the link to your tutorial doesn’t work. I’m getting this error message:

Error 403: Access Denied/Forbidden

Can you please fix that? I’m very interested in reading your tutorial and I think many people may be too.

Stan

Ya, sorry. Didn´t amend the link. The 000webhost.com account is no more. Link has been changed and should be working now :slight_smile:

Very well done. It’s very helpful.

Thanks a lot!

Stan

Well, thank you. I usually kind of suck when it comes to making tutorials so i am really glad to see that it was considered helpful :slight_smile:

It was very helpful! Thanks!

Nice tutorial but for those who are not techy enough just use the fantastico installer (one click auto installer). Its great with this server coz it automatically creates a database for you, so you need not to worry: how to create a database or alter wp-config file coz its all there.

Upon one-click installation, ALWAYS read the instructions there. And when you are asked to fill up username & password for admin purposes take not of that. Coz that would be your username & password when you login to your wordpress dashboard.

After the installation is finished, to login just go to yours site, example:
mywebsite.site88.com/wp-admin/
(if you installed it on the root folder)

or

mywebsite.sit88.com/mywp-folder/wp-admin/

Then just enter the username & password that i told you earlier to take note. That’s it :slight_smile:

Will this work for a regular php script as well? I’m trying to install a script so people can leave comments, but I’m having trouble.

I got the following error:
PHP Error Message

Fatal error: Call to a member function addElement() on a non-object in /home/a9715075/public_html/photos-r/comments/comment_script_1.1.0/configuration/installation_form.inc.php on line 10

Free Web Hosting

Hi Bad Karma,

I’m excited that you wrote a tutorial, because I’m looking to install WordPress for the first time at 000webhost.

I can no longer load your tutorial – is it still up anywhere? I know it’s been nearly a year since you posted it.

Thanks!!

Rob

I´ve been moving some of my sites recently, so there might be some issues with the links i posted. Anyway, here is a working link for that -> http://www.outlaw-forum.info/forum/blogs/bad-karma-core/47-000webhost-install-wordpress-your-000webhost-com-account.html

Bad Karma,

Thanks a lot for putting up this guide. Good karma to you :wink:

Cheers.

@Bad Karma [CORE]
Couldn’t find server.

I opened your link at my country, Indonesia, and it shows an error like that. Can you find an alternative way to view your page, such as via IP address? :slight_smile:

tutorial down again?

here’s his newest:
http://www.outlaw-forum.info/forum/tutorials/35-how-install-wordpress.html

i’m not sure what’s happened to that guy, it ws nice having him around.
:slight_smile:

can wordpress be installed on a free account?

I would like to know the answer to this question too. I have did what the Wordpress site advised, but I am unable to run install.php on my free hosting account. If it is possible, then my solution would lie elsewhere.

Can anyone advise?

problem of chmod, 777 instead of 755, why 000webhost is 755, wordpress needs 777 for running

Yes Wordpress is possible on the Free hosting.

Please make a new thread about your problem and PM me with the link to the thread. I will then assist you further. This is so as not to intrude on this person’s thread!

Link isnt working :stuck_out_tongue: But can you still help me with my problem its a thread i made im so frustraded :frowning:

Its very easy, and WP runs on free accounts here. I run 2 WP-blogs here :slight_smile:

Steps:

[LIST=1]
[]Download wordpress from wordpress.org, newest version
[
]Unzip it local
[]upload all files and folders u find in the folder “wordpress” to your “public_html” folder (best is filezilla)
[
]create a database in your hosting account here
[/LIST]

Done? Okay.

Now go to your browser and call your domain or subdomain

You get a page which tell you whats to do next 3 steps,
you have to fill your database name, mysql-host, mysql password, mysql username, - this datas u can see in your account under “mysql” after u created a database.

Fill the informations, give your blog a name - click- thats all.

Now u can login to your Wordpress-Blog. :smiley:

-> If u get at first use in dashboard error messages like “php-errors” - just logout, delete all files and the database and do all steps again. (i needet it one time, most (99%) times it will run without any problems)

Hope my english isnt toooo bad,

Cheers,
Orwell