Uploading Folders with lots of files in them

Hello all, i’m trying to use evolution nuke to build my site, and fireFTP doesn’t seem like the best php client to do this, so instead of using php, I decided to upload the files myself into 000webhost file manager, only 1 problem, it wont allow me to upload an entire folder with everything In it, the root folder of the evolution nuke which is what I need to install evolution nuke to my site, any suggestions, is there a special way to upload folders into file manager, or do I have to use something like filezilla? Please, I don’t want to have to switch hosts, you seem to be the best, and your free so please help me work this out.

1 Like

Personally i´d recommend FlashFXP or FileZilla, but if you can´t be bothered to install a FTP client you can always zip up all the files/folders you want to upload, then upload them and unzip them on the server using the file manager in your cPanel

1 Like

I use FileZilla, it works great for me! :slight_smile:

http://filezilla-project.org/

I’ve tried FileZilla, and it’s quite confusing to me, I mean, unlike FireFTP idk where to place the information i’m suppose to put. I’m going to try uploading a zip version of evo nuke and then extract it in the file manager, btw I tried this before with e107 and I didn’t work, idk if I was on the wrong file manager or not, but I will try, but just in case, can you give me some directions on where to place the information needed to log into my site files for Filezilla?

You put the FTP info in at the top. You can find the info you need in the cPanel under ‘View FTP Details’.

Man, I put the entire URL of my site as the host, my username a##### and then the password I got from 000webhosting and I still can’t get into filezilla, this is really frustrating, and why did 000webhosting change the password I use to log into my file manager?

hmm I think I know the problem because when I tried smartFTP and shortend the URL form http://www.dawgcommunity.host22.com/ to www.dawgcommunity.host22.com/, it let me connect.

Yeah that was the problem, now how do I upload a folder into my server files?

Nvm guys, just drag and drop, thx for the help, i’ll give you loads of karma.

No problem :slight_smile:

I’m havine the same issues. Ive tried filezilla, cute ftp and wsftp… any ideas???

Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 8 of 300 allowed.
Response: 220-<<
Response: 220-Welcome to www.000webhost.com FTP system.
Response: 220-We have recently updated all FTP passwords, you can find your new FTP password
Response: 220-By logging on to http://members.000webhost.com/ and clicking on ‘View FTP Details’.
Response: 220->>
Response: 220-Local time is now 21:22. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 3 minutes of inactivity.
Command: USER a5270194
Response: 331 User a******** OK. Password required
Command: PASS ********
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

Are you aware that the passwords have been reset?