Website won't display

Hi,

Not sure what the problem is… This is a more detailed assessment of my problem than the previous post for ‘Blank Page Sydnrome’

I have a free subdomain here at 000Webhost. @Shock was great with all the help getting that up and running and it ended up being just a .htaccess problem.

I have now pointed my domain countrydeals.net.au to 000webhost and created a free account also for this domain.

Using ftp cause there were some issues with the backup for website and database wouldn’t retrieve through the cpanel. So ftped my main website from the subdomain down to my computer then up to countrydeals.net.au. All good.

Then in phpadmin in the subdomain, I exported the sql - worked and then imported into a blank database in countrydeals.net.au. Worked good

Made sure my .htaccess was the same from the subdomain and also updated my database.php file in the config directory as well.

I have re-ftped everything but am at a loss. When I go to my site countrydeals.net.au it just comes up as a blank white page. I have also emptied my cache in my browsers (chrome and firefox) ie has the same.

Funny thing is that in both chrome and firefox it sees to be accessing some of the website, because in the browser tab it shows the icon and site title.

I really have no idea what could be the problem. Would love any suggestions please.

Thanks

You have to delete file “default.php” from public_html folder.

Thanks,

Yes, I had done that. I have gone back to scratch and putting up the website again. fingers crossed it works this time.

Hi, desperate for some help on this one.

I have done the cleanup/reload and interestingly there were traces left behind of some files. I found this by ftp I reloaded my site back to basics/scratch. Going through all the steps from the beginning as I did with the subdomain.

Still no luck. I end up with the blank white page, favicon and title on the browser tab is the only indication that the browser is at some point or stage accessing the website.

Help please.

Thanks

Correction, just after I posted the last message, a miracle, I was able to view the site on firefox. lol Will have to empty my chrome browser cache to see it there.

I’m new to uploading websites. I have uploaded my website via FTP but at the moment all i am getting is a blank white page with INDEX OF/

Any suggestions please?

Make sure you have a page called index.html or index.php or index.aspx etc.

Make your page that you want to display first “index.html or htm or php etc”

i have an index.html page. When you say “display first”, where can you select which order you want thepages to display? is that in my FTP application?

Hi wjlgreen, whatever you upload to public_html folder, index.html will be your homepage, the page you see when you go to your URL

thats sorted it thanks a lot!

it can also be a index.php or index.htm file

Now do I have tobwrite anything inside the index.html file, or it just an empty file?

I also had a problem with “Blank Page Sydnrome” but I have resolved it. Thank alot :slight_smile:

Magento Website Development

Do you mind to explain how you solved it

Could you please explain how you did that as I am facing the same issue. Also, I wanted to know if we can host a Magento Website on 000webhost servers.

Yes, you can host Magento here! What issues are you facing with your website? :slight_smile: