Wordpress Fatal error Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted

Hello there,

I’m making a wordpress (I use wordpress 4.0) website as a school project.

Now if I want to login into the dashboard I get this error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/…/public_html/wp-admin/includes/post.php on line 281.

Does someone know a solution?:confused:

EDIT: See this tutorial: https://www.000webhost.com/blog/memory-exhausted-error-wordpress

I have the same problem, help please ?! D:

Hello,

This question has been repeated answered.
You can read and follow forum rules:

Posting Rules

#1. Before posting ANY topic, please search forums for answers to your questions. It’s possible that all your questions were answered already. Member, who will post questions which were answered already, will be warned. 2nd posting of question (which was answered in forum already) will lead to account ban. All members, who will participate in these topics, will be warned too (including administrators and moderators). Moderators should delete these topics.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 76…

I already did this so many times, but didn’t work. Now it does work?!

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much!!

Where are you write that code?

At the exact same spot. I only tried it with different numbers (64M and 128M). I think I possibly forget the “;”. But now it works. So thank you.

Do we need to restart a service or anything for the changes to take place?

you shoud change from size 64 MB to 128 MB in file wp-config.php

1. Try adding this line to your wp-config.php file:
    define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘64M’);

2. If you have access to your PHP.ini file, change the line in PHP.ini
    If your line shows 32M try 64M:
    memory_limit = 64M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (64MB)

3. If you don’t have access to PHP.ini try adding this to an .htaccess file:
    php_value memory_limit 64M

4. Talk to your host.

I just copy this form wordpress.org :slight_smile: And I also have a post for these kind of this error. Let’s check 12 WordPress WP-Config Tweaks You Probably Don’t Know for more useful WordPress tips.

Increase your php memory limit. http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/fix-wordpress-memory-exhausted-error-increase-php-memory/