WordPress is no longer working after a change

Hello
I successfully created my site with 000webhost, and installed WordPress with it.
I was able to connect to WP with the account I created, and added some plugins.
I had trouble connecting to phpMyAdmin, so I changed the DB password (I actually don’t know where to find the original password, anyway).
At first, the phpMyAdmin login page rejected me, then it accepted the new password. It seems we need some minutes for this information to propagate.
I used FTP to open my wp-config.php file to update the password. It was a kind of generated password, I put mine there.
After I save the file, when I go to https://demo-sevran-seniors.000webhostapp.com/wp-admin/ all I get is a blank page. Idem at top level.
I added, with FTP, some test files, including those in the How to Connect to Database Using PHP tutorial, with credentials identical to those in the wp-config file. They work (reporting successful DB connection).
I am a bit stuck, as the site displays no error messages (even if I activate them in the settings).

Appears to be a plugin or theme error possibly?

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /storage/ssd2/820/8815820/public_html/wp-content/themes/ifeature/cyberchimps/options/options-sanitize.php:192 Stack trace: #0 /storage/ssd2/820/8815820/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): cyberchimps_sanitize_section_order(Array, Array) #1 /storage/ssd2/820/8815820/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array) #2 /storage/ssd2/820/8815820/public_html/wp-content/themes/ifeature/cyberchimps/options/options-init.php(1198): apply_filters(‘cyberchimps_san…’, Array, Array) #3 /storage/ssd2/820/8815820/public_html/wp-content/themes/ifeature/cyberchimps/init.php(91): cyberchimps_get_default_values() #4 /storage/ssd2/820/8815820/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): cyberchimps_core_setup_theme(’’) #5 /storage/ssd2/820/8815820/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #6 /storage/ssd2/820/8815820/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #7 in /storage/ssd2/820/8815820/public_html/wp-content/themes/ifeature/cyberchimps/options/options-sanitize.php on line 192

Oh, thanks, as I suspected, the issue wasn’t with the password.
I forgot to mention I have uploaded theme files, too, and these are probably the culprit, I will investigate.
Where did you see this error message?

https://demo-sevran-seniors.000webhostapp.com/

I’ve changed template to default from database so you can at least load into wp-admin and make changes to hopefully resolve it.

1 Like

Strange, I didn’t see any error, I opened in Chrome, I saw the error, and back to Firefox, I saw it at least…

I changed the PHP version to 5.6 from 7.1, and it worked fine. Looks like the theme I use is outdated.

Thanks again.

1 Like