Wordpress plugins zapped my website

Was messing around in Wordpress with some plugins mostly mapping and google and AMP addons and now I can’t access my website. Error,
Application error

An error occurred in the website and your page could not be displayed. If you are the website owner, check your logs for details.

Check logs and nothing odd is showing. I can’t even get into WordPress to see what might be going on. Tried using the “Repair Website” button but still nothing.

Try going into your file manager and finding your wordpress plugin directory (public_html/wp-content/plugins) and one-by-one renaming each folder to something different and seeing if the issue is fixed. Of course, after you’ve done each one, make sure to rename it back to its original name (this means you should copy the original name to a note or some document for reference). This might help you find which plugin was causing the issue.

Ok did what you said. I only renamed them with a 1 at the end. Is that enough. Also refreshed it afterwards. Still no change.

Also went to your Rate Limiting Policy page and tried to locate any of the “Known plug-ins which are causing issues”. Did not see any of those lines in that you mentioned. Why would this be keeping me from even logging into Wordpress to try to remove these Plugins from the Dashboard???

Should I just start removing the plugins that I know I installed? I remember which ones they were and there is only 4 or 5 of them that were installed. That’s when the page stopped loading. If I remove them does that get rid of and all traces or are there hidden files too?

Can you give me the names of some of the plugins you have installed? This could help narrow down the issue.

Sure, Amp, All-in-one-seo-pak, gmap-embed, google-sitemap-generator, wp-performance-score-booster. And I think Simple-custom-post-order. I also renamed the plugin folder to plugin-debug and that did nothing. Also cleared my browser cache.

The following plugins may also be causing the issue: all-in-one-seo-pack, wp-performance-score-booster. However, I also tried fixing the problem to no avail. Maybe @teodor or @infinity can help you, as they’re both better at fixing these types of problems.

Hi !

I have fixed the issue. The problem was caused by WP Performance Score Booster. Please avoid using that plugin again.

Also, may I ask what is your website about? :slight_smile:

Thanks, What did you do? I’m retired and I do Handyman stuff for fun. Its about getting work and doing great work for my customers.

What did you think about some of the pictures of my work? Be Honest now.

I noticed an Underscore next to that file should I remove it in Wordpress?

Thanks, What did you do?

I have restored the .htaccess and decoupled the plugin from Wordpress system

What did you think about some of the pictures of my work? Be Honest now.

I think they’re awesome. I admire such kind of work and if time will ever permit me maybe I’ll start doing something like you are doing. I can’t say anything else than: keep it up! :smiley:

I noticed an Underscore next to that file should I remove it in Wordpress?

I used it for plugin decoupling. You can remove that folder completely, yes.

Thanks again, you’re awesome!!! Good luck with your future activities!! I love doing what I love and I love doing this type of work. Also one more question? I tried to do a Google Ad and was suspended. Could that be because of 000webhost unwilling hosting spam or questionable sites? It not like I had any questionable information on my site. I did try to upgrade to Hostingers but they would not take the Credit Card.

Thanks again!!!

I tried to do a Google Ad and was suspended.

000webhost has been abused alot in past and some companies have decided to block it (I know Facebook did it with our URLs and Yahoo with our mailing servers). I suspect the same thing happened in your case as well.

If you want to advertise your site I think you should buy a paid plan so that HTML/DNS signatures are cleared from ‘000webhost’ name.

PS: I have noticed that when you access your site over your domain, it redirects to your 000webhostapp address instead. May I recommend you to go to Wordpress cPanel > Settings and update all URL’s to http://your-domain.biz. This way, your website will not redirect to 000webhostapp address. Please clear your browser cache to see the changes live :slight_smile:

When I updated my website a month ago to be more smart phone friendly I accidentally used the function to “delete” my website instead of the other that just deletes content. How long does it take to reinstate the original site, rentmyhusband instead of rentmyhusband1 that I had to use to get another going?

Deleted website names can’t be reused for security reasons.

1 Like

That’s forever? Even it I decide to go to another service?

By another service, you mean other web hosting company?

What @teodor means is that once you delete your website which has .000webhostapp, you can never use that name again.

I’m confused. If per say I wanted to set up an new website with my domain name that I pay for. And went to Hostinger and wanted to use my original web site address of rentmyhusband.biz I could not cause I deleted it in 000webhost? Does that mean I can never use it again? I used rentmyhusband1 and use a redirect to my domain name.