E-mail redirection problem

Hello. I’ve set up email forwarding for a parked domain. But, unfortunately, the redirection does not work. When running a Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyser test, I get the following error: Attempting to send a test email message to ■■■@■■■.xx using MX mail.post.000webhost.com Hm.

Delivery of the test email message failed.

The server returned status code 451-Error in processing. The server response was: 4.3.0 DoNotReply@TestExchangeConnectivity.com: Temporary lookup failure
Exception details:
Message: Error in processing. The server response was: 4.3.0 DoNotReply@TestExchangeConnectivity.com: Temporary lookup failure

Please tell me what the mistake is.

Could be a temporary lookup failure on our side.
Try alternative MX hosting more reliable - Migadu, Zoho, ImprovMX?

Dear Infinity, thank you for your prompt response.
However, your suggestions do not answer my question: how to make redirection by regular means of 000webhost service.
As for your proposed solutions:

1. Migabu service does not currently exist, at least the site www.migabu.com not available.
  2. Service ImpovMX is suitable for forwarding one mailbox, and I have more (up to 5 in the free version).
  3. Zoho service has serious limitations in the free version.
    Am asking me not judge strictly - perhaps I not until the end of has understood in your advice.
  1. Migadu is alive and kicking - see the tutorial https://www.migadu.com/en/index.html it is free.

2. ImprovMX is unlimited technically, I’ve setup 8 forwarding to different emails and a CATCH ALL on the domain for any other email address - check the tutorial or see their site https://improvmx.com/

3. Zoho has some limitations, but it is free.

I honestly think you should checkout 1 or 2, 2 being the easiest?

Lastly - our free forwarders can be unreliable and blacklisted by other providers meaning your emails might not get through - not much we can advise apart from upgrading to Hostinger where they are premium and working and not blacklisted or use the free alternatives above.

Let me know what you think,

Dear Infinity, your link went to the site Migabu! Registered account. I have my own domain. But in the domain Registrar settings, I replaced the name servers with ns.000webhost to bind the site. The Megabu instruction requires you to install a Registrar name server. In my case, I set the ns names.000webhost?

Not sure why you are facing this issue.

What you’ll need to do since you have our nameservers set is choose External DNS
Then Migadu should give you a MX record to set within the 000webhost panel?

Using Migadu to provide free reliable email alongside your website when PARKED at 000webhost using Nameservers.

Head over to Migadu and select free signup

https://www.migadu.com

MAKE SURE TO SIGNUP WITH AN EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU CAN ACCESS CURRENTLY…

You’ll need to confirm your email address before continuing!

Sweet! Email confirmed!

Hit add Email Domain

Type in your custom domain like Example.com or MyAwesomeSite.co.uk

Now it will ask you to select the DNS configuration

Since your custom domain Example.com will ALREADY be parked at 000webhost using our nameservers you select EXTERNAL DNS

Now it will give you TWO records but you’ll only need the ONE if you are using our control panel.

Head over to 000webhost Control Panel and hit Manage on your website

You’ll want to hit Parked Domains on your dashboard or from the list on the left choose Set Web Address

Now on the Manage button, Change MX Record.

Simply take the ASPMX1 record given to you by Migadu and use this and save it!

aspmx1.migadu.com

Now AS LONG AS YOUR DOMAIN IS CORRECTLY POINTED TO OUR NAMESERVERS NS01.000WEBHOST.COM AND NS02.000WEBHOST.COM
Then setup should be simple and fast! Give it a few hours if it doesn’t work at first and then Verify DNS Configuration

This is the type of BAD Check you’ll get if it doesn’t detect the update straight away.

Keep waiting and keep rechecking!

Simple as that!

Once they’ve detected the MX setup correctly you’ll get full access to their panel to create emails to use!

Thanks for the help! I will wait for the result of settings. I hope it works!

1 Like

Dear Infinity, I have received confirmation that Migabu has seen MX record.

img1

However, the DNS installation process is not complete.

Domain @■■■.xx seems to be misconfigured. Please check the issues below. Please note that if you’ve just made changes to your DNS records, they might not yet be visible by us.

This is normal and you need to wait for something else?

I’ll check on this now they just used to need one MX set, I’ll see more.

Does it let you proceed to make boxes?

Yes, boxes was created. But webmail does not work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.