phpMyAdmin Database Down - #9001 Max Connect timeout

My database is down saying:
MySQL said:
#9001 - Max connect timeout reached while reaching hostgroup 1027 after 10000ms

My website url - https://techturtle.000webhostapp.com/
Screenshot of what I can see when trying to access phpMyAdmin:
db error

Context:
The website was running just fine and I did not push any new code to cause this issue to occur. It was working and then on the next morning I noticed it was erroring like this.
website error

After a long time trying to debug it, I finally got to actually trying to see what in the database was wrong. When I tried to access it via phpMyAdmin I realised it was not my code but that the database was down. :face_with_head_bandage:

What I have tried:
I searched on the forum for previous tickets for this issue, for example ticket from Feb 2019 and ticket from June 2019. Nothing helpful though. :pensive:

Even though it says that the database is overloaded and that I should wait, this has now been 4 days like this and I think I waited enough before raising this ticket. :nerd_face:

Can someone support on this and have a look? :innocent:

1 Like

Sadly it would appear from this end that the server your database was on has failed and the data has been lost hence the connection isn’t being made.
At this point I can only recommend creating a new database and importing any backups you’ve taken recently.
Likely the corrupt/current database will disappear from your panel once the front-end updates and it sees that the old database no longer exists due to server failure.

Thank you for the quick reply.

If I upgrade to a Single Hosting plan, will this be circumvented in the future by potential weekly backups? Or backups will not save my database in case this happens?

If you move to Hostinger you will have backups of your database yes, you can seek live chat for Hostinger products here bottom right once logged into a new Hostinger account - https://hpanel.hostinger.com/help

I wish you good luck with your future projects and happy site building :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 22 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.