Which CMS will work here?

PhpBB works just fine here as far as I know.

Great! There are lots of CMS, blogs, forums,
,etc. works fine here but I don’t think free host will ever allow you to use cms like joomla and other which uses more server resource. WordPress is even getting bigger and consumes more server resource then its predecessor. If 000webhost allows these scripts then please let me know.

The base CMS of Joomla or Wordpress will install and run just fine.

Modx, but there may be some problems

I think e107 is oky too :smiley:

concrete5 works without a hitch. And it’s a great CMS.

Any decent sized website with a modern CMS will, more than likely, exceed the 10,000 file limit and/or violate other terms and conditions, like excessive SQL tables or too much CPU usage. Plus, the PHP version here is 5.2 and most CMS require 5.3 or higher. It would be great if 000webhost would upgrade PHP version as well as increase file limits to allow use of CMS here. 000webhost advertizes being able to host joomla but can only host joomla 1.5 which is no longer support by joomla community. Strange!

[U]My personal experience:[/U]
I personally have had two test-sites cancelled here as I attempted to upgraded a joomla 1.5 site to joomla 2.5. The reason was "too many sql tables. I used the joomla community approved component (Jupgrade) to do the migration from 1.5 to 2.5. Therefore I had to move my site off of 000webhost and then I was able to upgrade to 2.5 without issue.

So in conclusion, if you plan to use a CMS here and keep it up-to-date, my hats off and good luck to you!

Drupal Joomla Magento PHPBB WordPress all work with latest version (free and paid hosting)

March 2013

Wordpress should be fine and my most preferred one. Do any of you second me?

WordPress is a CMS? It just defaults to a blog. But you can do anything with it. It has extensions for online carts, social networking, forums, etc.

It is a CMS just not a good one unless you will also have a blog on your server.

1 Like

what about prestashop by ioncube include?

Hi,

I use WP since a few years and absolutely recommend! Very easy to use, had advanced functionality and can look very professional as well.

Which CMS? Many users want to know how to create and publish a websites using CMS. If you [URL=“http://www.threehosts.com/ratings/comparison-software/wordpress-vs-joomla-vs-drupal.html”]compare top CMS, you’ll see Joomla, Drupal and WordPress are the most recommended apps by users. Personally I think if someone is beginner WP is the best choice, but if they are skilled in using Joomla or Drupal, both are better than WordPress in creating professional sites. Although you can use any of these programs to create all types of websites with vrious plugins and modules, for ecommerce sites I recommend using shopping carts. If you [URL=“http://www.threehosts.com/ratings/comparison-software/magento-vs-opencart-vs-prestashop.html”]compare top shopping carts, you’ll see Magento, Prestashop and OpenCart are the most popular ones in market and [URL=“http://www.threehosts.com/business/1st”]top ecommerce web hosts provide them to create small business websites. So you can choose the right content management system, based on the type of website and the level of your skills.

Wordpress is the best cms as it has plenty of custom options and wide range of resources available for free. Any other cms like jommla can’t match it. So, my recommendation is wordpress.

Although WordPress is not a CMS, I recommend it, especially if you are a beginner intending to create a professional looking website.

Be it any purpose of using a cms, wordpress is the best option one has.

Wordpress works fine.